What is Zapier?
Zapier is an online tool that allows you to automate workflows. Via Zapier, you can connect web applications such as Gmail, Slack, Dropbox, Google Contacts, Shopify, MailChimp and more than 1,000 other apps to bexio. With Zapier you canautomate tasks and processes completely with the creation of a so-called "Zap" - without in-depth programming knowledge. By connecting via Zapier, bexio and the other tools "talk" to each other and execute the defined tasks automatically.
An example: You want to use new contacts, which you create in bexio, also in your e-mail distribution list (e.g. in MailChimp). You can either create this manually in each solution, or Zapier can automate it for you with a so-called "Zap", saving you time and avoiding mistakes.
- Automatically save receipts or other attachments via e-mail in the bexio inbox
- Automatically create new customers from the online shop in bexio
- Create new bexio contacts automatically in your other contact management as well
- Save new bexio invoices automatically for additional storage directly as PDF in Google Drive
- Automatically update contacts in bexio using a Google sheet
For further information, please follow this link.
What do I need to automate processes with Zapier?
You will need the following accounts to automate tasks with Zapier:
- A bexio account
- An account for the tool that you want to connect to bexio through Zapier
- A Zapier account
As soon as you have those accounts, you can set up the so-called "zap" - i.e. the actual automation process - in Zapier. It's as easy as that. More about zaps with bexio.
How do I set up a zap (automation process)?
In the video we explain how to set up a zap, using a template in Zapier as an example (only in German).
Where can I find examples and templates?
You will find various examples of how to use a zap in the list of all templates. The template makes it easier to set up a zap. To the list of all templates.
How much does Zapier cost?
Zapier offers a free version with the following limitations:
- It is not possible to create zaps with more than two levels / steps
- There is no access to premium apps
- Zaps are only executed every 15 minutes
If you want to use the advanced features, you need to register for a Zapier subscription directly through Zapier.