There can be various reasons why you cannot close your VAT period. They are related to the used billing method.
Effectively taxed customers
- The quarter that you want to close is not yet over. Simply wait until the quarter ends, and then you can close it like you normally would.
- The quarter prior to the current quarter has not yet been closed: quarters must be closed in sequence, i.e., Q1 must be closed before Q2 can be, etc.
- The half-year that you want to close is not yet over. Simply wait until the half-year ends, and then you can close it like you normally would.
- The half year prior to the current half year has not yet been closed: half years must be closed in sequence, i.e., H1 must be closed before H2, etc.
- You have not yet entered a net tax rate on your VAT form. Make sure that two net tax rates are not valid for the same code at the same time and that you also have set a valid net tax rate for each posted code.