The QR Inovice will replace the current orange and red payment slips and digitize the billing process. Don't worry: bexio will be ready!
Release information: This function will be available from June 30th. This means that you will be ready for the changeover and you can already make your settings.
- The most important first!
- What are QR inovices
- The advantages of the QR invoices
- How do I activate the QR invoice?
- Settings options
- Procedure in the event of deviations between the amount paid and the invoice total
The most important first!
What are QR invoices?
The QR invoice will replace the current orange and red payment slips. Both types of payment slips will continue to be offered during the transition phase, before the current payment slips are discontinued.
The QR invoice has:
- a payment part and receipt part
- It consists of a human-readable part (text) and machine-readable part (QR code)
- All payment-relevant information is contained in both parts
The advantages of the QR invoice
- Simple: The payment slip including the code is generated entirely in bexio. The reference number also simplifies the comparison of payments and invoices.
- No pre-made deposit slips (EZ): The EZ may be printed directly on the invoice and on commercial paper. Unless, that is, your customers want to pay the invoice at the counter.
- Digitization: The QR code contains all important information and may be scanned anywhere. No more typing in reference numbers! Unless you want it that way, because the EZ may also be used in analog form.
How do I activate the QR invoice?
If you want to set up the QR invoice on your postal or bank account, go to bexio's banking area and click on "Add bank account" in the top right corner. If you have an existing account in which you want to set up the QR invoice, click on "Edit bank account".
Check the box for "invoice with QR code" at the bottom of the page, then the corresponding settings will open.
There are three different ways to set up the QR invoice:
1. IBAN + Creditor Reference:
- Corresponds to today's red payment slip but has a new reference number
- With this setting, payments from bexio may be compared with the invoice and posted automatically with a high probability of success (if it fails, manual assignment is still possible as before)
2. QR-IBAN + QR-Reference:
- This corresponds to today's orange (ISR) payment slip
- If you are already working with the ISR method and have activated the ISR method for your bank account, the QR-ID is automatically adopted - however, the QR-IBAN must be filled in
- With this setting, payments from bexio may be automatically compared and booked with the invoice
- The QR-IBAN and QR-ID are issued by your bank. If you want to work with this option and you have not yet received a QR-IBAN and QR-Reference, please check with your bank
- This corresponds to the IBAN payment
- An IBAN payment cannot be automatically assigned to an invoice in the event of a missing reference number. Automatic reconciliation is therefore not possible.
Procedure in the event of deviations between the amount paid and the invoice total.
If you work with the QR method, you have the option of automatically accepting and reconciling a payment, even if the entire billed amount has not been transferred. This could be the case, for example, if you want to grant a discount to your customers.
- I accept deviations of CHF 5.- or 2%
- A invoice for CHF 100.- is paid with CHF 96. The invoice is automatically compared because the amount is within the CHF 5.-
- Another invoice for CHF 1,000 is paid with CHF 986. The invoice is automatically compared because the amount is within 2%
- Another invoice of CHF 500.- is paid with CHF 470.-. The invoice is not automatically compared, as the missing amount is outside both the CHF 5.- and the 2%