- What are QR inovices
- The advantages of the QR invoices
- How do I activate the QR invoice?
- Settings options
- Procedure in the event of deviations between the amount paid and the invoice total
- creating a payment with QR-Invoice
- printing the QR-Invoice
- Positioning QR invoices
- "Payable by" does not appear on QR invoices
What are QR invoices?
The QR invoice will replace the current orange and red payment slips. Both types of payment slips will continue to be offered during the transition phase, before the current payment slips are discontinued.
The QR invoice has:
- a payment part and receipt part
- It consists of a human-readable part (text) and machine-readable part (QR code)
- All payment-relevant information is contained in both parts
The advantages of the QR invoice
- Simple: The payment slip including the code is generated entirely in bexio. The reference number also simplifies the comparison of payments and invoices.
- No pre-made deposit slips (EZ): The EZ may be printed directly on the invoice and on commercial paper. Unless, that is, your customers want to pay the invoice at the counter.
- Digitization: The QR code contains all important information and may be scanned anywhere. No more typing in reference numbers! Unless you want it that way, because the EZ may also be used in analog form.
How do I activate the QR invoice?
If you want to set up the QR invoice on your postal or bank account, go to bexio's banking area and click on "Add bank account" in the top right corner. If you have an existing account in which you want to set up the QR invoice, click on "Edit bank account".
Check the box for "invoice with QR code" at the bottom of the page, then the corresponding settings will open.
There are three different ways to set up the QR invoice:
1. IBAN + Creditor Reference:
- With this setting, payments from bexio may be compared with the invoice and posted automatically with a high probability of success (if it fails, manual assignment is still possible as before)
2. QR-IBAN + QR-Reference:
- This corresponds to today's orange (ISR) payment slip
- If you are already working with the ISR method and have activated the ISR method for your bank account, the QR-ID is automatically adopted - however, the QR-IBAN must be filled in
- With this setting, payments from bexio may be automatically compared and booked with the invoice
- The QR-IBAN and QR-ID are issued by your bank. If you want to work with this option and you have not yet received a QR-IBAN and QR-Reference, please check with your bank
- Replaces the red payment slip
- This corresponds to the IBAN payment
- An IBAN payment cannot be automatically assigned to an invoice in the event of a missing reference number. Automatic reconciliation is therefore not possible.
Procedure in the event of deviations between the amount paid and the invoice total.
If you work with the QR method, you have the option of automatically accepting and reconciling a payment, even if the entire billed amount has not been transferred. This could be the case, for example, if you want to grant a discount to your customers.
- I accept deviations of CHF 5.- or 2%
- A invoice for CHF 100.- is paid with CHF 96. The invoice is automatically compared because the amount is within the CHF 5.-
- Another invoice for CHF 1,000 is paid with CHF 986. The invoice is automatically compared because the amount is within 2%
- Another invoice of CHF 500.- is paid with CHF 470.-. The invoice is not automatically compared, as the missing amount is outside both the CHF 5.- and the 2%
Creating a payment with QR-Invoice
You can select the QR-Invoice in Banking when entering a payment.
Please note the following when entering a payment with QR-IBAN:
- QR-IBAN payment can only be recorded with a reference number (QR reference)
Example QR-IBAN payment:
When entering a payment via QR invoice using any IBAN, please note the following
- IBAN payment can contain a reference number but it is not mandatory. The Reference number field can also be left blank.
Example IBAN payment
Printing the QR-Invoice
When printing the QR invoice, make sure that the correct bank account is selected in the invoice settings. For each bank account, you can only have activated either the orange payment slip or the
QR -Invoice. As soon as the QR invoice is activated in banking, we automatically overwrite the orange payment slip.
In the document templates, you can set in the bottom left corner that the QR-Invoice is displayed on a separate page when printed.
Positioning QR invoices
The positioning of QR invoices cannot be changed in bexio, since bexio automatically adjusts the positioning to meet the official SIX standards. If the margins are cut off or something similar occurs, please check your print settings.
When QR invoices are printed, the scissors symbol is always printed as well. There is no option to omit the symbol because we have no way of knowing whether the invoice will be printed on perforated paper or normal paper. If you use normal paper, the scissors must appear on the printout to conform with the SIX standards. If you use perforated paper, please look for an option in the printer settings that allows you to match the printout to perforated paper.
"Payable by" does not appear on QR invoices
If no recipient is shown on a QR invoice under "Payable by", this is because the details of the recipient have not been entered completely.
When the country, street, house number, postal code or town is missing, the address does not appear because the invoice would be refused by the financial institution.
Please enter all the missing details for the invoice recipient in the bexio contacts module.