|Synchronise your sales and card payments directly to bexio with SumUp. This will save you tedious manual processing, help to eliminate errors, and provide you with a comprehensive overview at all times. More information can be found in the bexio Marketplace: SumUp by bexioSync
- Advantages of SumUp
- Connecting SumUp to bexio via bexioSync
- Process and recommendation for accounting (invoice)
Advantages of SumUp
SumUp is a point-of-sale and payment provider and enables small businesses to accept payments from debit or credit cards.
- Synchronise your sales and card payments directly to bexio with SumUp
- bexioSync eliminates the need to enter all the data manually in bexio for accounting purposes.
Connecting SumUp to bexio via bexioSync
- You only need a bexio account to create the connection.
|Pricing: This add-on is available to bexio customers free of charge!|
Creating the connection
1. Add the app to your account via bexio Marketplace: SumUp by bexioSync
2. You will be taken to the page https://sync.bexio.com/login – click on "Login".
3. When you have been redirected to the bexio login page, log in to your account.
4. Select the company that you would like to connect to bexioSync and then perform the access authorisations.
5. Activate SumUp in the overview of bexioSync, and then launch the Configurator.
6. In step 1, you will be redirected to the SumUp login page. Log in to your SumUp account and then approve the access requests to create the connection.
7. In step 2, click on "Connect". Select the company that you would like to connect to SumUp and then perform the access authorisations. The connection is now created and you will be taken to the settings!
After the connection has been created, you will be guided through the settings. You can access the settings later with the menu on the left.
Manual entry or invoice / order
Use the Configurator to specify how SumUp transactions should be synchronised with bexio.
- Manual entry
- Invoice / Order
Go to "Actions" in the menu and import the transactions for your chosen date range. The transactions will be automatically booked to bexio under "Manual booking".
Invoice / Order
Transactions for invoices and orders are imported every 15 minutes.
If VAT is included in a SumUp transaction, this must be booked correctly in bexio. Specify the appropriate VAT rate (saved in bexio) for the transaction.
Specify the credit account to which the SumUp transaction is to be booked.
Depending on the payment method used for SumUp, the transaction can be booked to a different debit account. Specify at least one debit account. If you would like to post everything to one account, select it as the default account. Please note the recommendation under «Process and recommendation for accounting (invoice)».
Orders and invoices require a customer. Specify the customer that should appear on the invoice.
Process and recommendation for accounting (invoice)
This is an example:
- The amount paid via SumUp is CHF 45.
- The invoice is issued at CHF 45 and booked via the standard credit account of the bexio invoice setting.
- The invoice is automatically booked as paid & posted via the selected debit account (It is recommended to use a «transfer account» - this account must be created as a (cash-) system account. How?: Create bank/cash account).
- The credit will be credited as a bank entry of SumUp minus the fee (/commission) and will be collected in banking. e.g. CHF 43.87.
- This transaction can now be offset with the «transfer account».
- The remaining amount on the «credit account» (the fee/commission) can be booked either directly or (e.g.) at the end of the month with a manual entry.
It is recommended that you have the automatic entry, which posts the invoiced amount of CHF 45 in full, carried out via a transfer account. You can then offset this with the bank transaction CHF 43.87 and post the remaining amount of 1.13 (the fee/commission) immediately, or post the entire remaining amount manually at a later date.