Here you can find all of the updates for 2021:
- New features
- Bug fixes
- New apps in the marketplace
Release Notes December 2021
1 December – «Deleted by mistake, please enter again...» Protect yourself now with RESTORE-IT
Sorry, I accidentally deleted this week's receipts, please enter again...» If you want to protect yourself against mistakes made by employees: with RESTORE-IT Backup for bexio, data, documents and contacts from bexio can be backed up automatically in a Swiss data centre and exported in a targeted manner. Learn more »
1 December – Replace inconvenient Excel lists: VisualNumbers is your tool for budgeting
Replace inconvenient Excel lists: VisualNumbers is a tool for budgeting and business planning. Employees, partners and accountants can be integrated into the process. The scenario planner can be used to plan and control the future. Learn more »
Release Notes November 2021
18 November – Record working and project times even more efficiently with tik-tak
tik-tak, the app for recording work, project and absence times as well as holidays is now even better: The November version includes the new Stop-Watch function, Performance optimization, better synchronization with bexio, and small bug fixes.
- Stop-Watch: You are now able to track time with the new stop-watch function
- bexio synchronization (nightly): High performant and fully automated synchronisation over night with bexio
- Instance synchronisation with bexio: Time entries are now instantly synchronized with bexio and all other people of the same company.
- General performance improvements: We optimized the database so working with tik-tak is now faster than ever!
Learn more about tik-tak »
2 November – Better decisions with new analysis tool
sproutAnalytics is an analysis and reporting tool for evaluating bexio data. We do the data import/preparation for you and create beautiful visualizations. Learn more »
Release Notes October 2021
26 October – Industry specific solutions for painters and building technicians
XfleX covers all administrative processes required by SMEs in the commercial and service provider sectors. For painters and building technicians, all the very special requirements for these sectors are also fulfilled:
- XfleX for painters is your specialized industry solution with all the functions you need for lean administration: CRM, order processing with service catalogs, reporting and hourly control in accordance with association and much more. Learn more »
- XfleX for building technicians covers all the functions you need for efficient administration: CRM, order processing with IGH catalogs, objects, installations, maintenance contracts, service planning and more. Learn more »
15 October - Technological modernisation of the "Contacts" module
For some months now, we have been updating the technology of the contacts module in the background. This will make our product faster for them, easier to understand in operation, and we will be able to implement new functions faster in the future with the new technology. The following functionalities have already been modernised:
- Create contact
- Edit contact
- Mark contact as deleted
- Restore contact
- Contact links" area
- Additional addresses" area
You will notice small changes here and there in the appearance of the user interface. However, the basic functions and workflows remain the same as before.
For some functions, we have deliberately made small improvements directly in the course of the modernisation. One example is the list of contact links. This now has a modern design. The user has a better overview and can see more information about the contacts at a glance. Via the menu on the right-hand side, the link can be edited and deleted. The operation has thus become even more intuitive.
Old (left) and new (right):
12 October - Improved Balance Sheet & Income Statement Reports
For more individual reporting, you can now optionally show or hide the 3rd level account groups in the balance sheet and income statement.
In the reports it is now also clearly visible whether the profit has already been booked.
Clearer analysis options in the income statement thanks to an improved filter for the account levels to be displayed.
The "Annual Statement" report has been removed due to customer feedback. In its place, the PDF and Excel exports have been optimised and no longer contain meta information.
6 October - Improved interface to Valiant Bank
We have improved the interface to Valiant Bank and tested it with some customers in the past weeks. This test phase has now been successfully completed: As of today, the new, improved interface to Valiant is available to all clients. With the new version of the interface we can improve the data quality of the transactions. For you as a client, more and more structured information is now available when reconciling. This structured data forms the foundation for further automation in bexio.
Release Notes September 2021
30 September - Bug fix
Searching for contacts with special characters in their names works again in all cases.
28 September - Update of our mobile app bexioGo
In the new version 1.5.0 of bexioGo the automatic document form recognition in the scanner is now optional and can be deactivated. Especially in environments with low contrast (bad lighting, documents on white / glass tables) this can prevent false recognition. In addition, an error in connection with the display of a large number of contacts (10k+ contacts) has been fixed.
13 September - Sending wage statements by e-mail
New: Send your employees' wage statements conveniently by e-mail, directly from bexio payroll accounting. You will find this function in the "Documents" area of payroll accounting. We hope that this will save you some of your precious time.
13 September - Bug fix
Fixed asset accounts can be used for postings from the purchasing module. We knew this was a problem in our current purchasing module and have fixed it.
Release Notes July 2021
27. July – Fixed Assets new in the marketplace
Automate fixed asset accounting and depreciation for bexio - save time, money and nerves. Learn more »
27. July – Accruals new in the marketplace
Automate accruals for bexio - save time, money and nerves. Learn more »
Release Notes June 2021
22. June – Time tracking tik-tak new in the marketplace
tik-tak, the Time-Tracking App (Work-, Project time, Absences as well as Vacation-Mgmt). Easy and time-saving for Employees as well as for Managers incl. analysis and in-sync with bexio. Developed in coordination with bexio. Learn more »
Release Notes May 2021
25. May – Updates in "Contacts" module
We are updating technology in the background for contacts, such as the edit view. You will notice small changes in appearance here and there. But the functions remain the same as before.
19. May – New in the Marketplace: MyCerty
MyCerty digital platform automates the creation of Swiss work certificates. Learn more »
18. May – New in the Marketplace: Arbeitszeugnishilfe
For SME’s and Startups, the easiest way to professional and legally compliant reference letters. Learn more »
17. May - New Balance Sheet & Income Statement Reports
The new balance sheet and income statement reports are available during the "Early Access" phase:
- More flexibility and more precise analyses. The new filters ensure that the year-on-year comparison is easier to manage. For example, new options include quarterly comparisons.
- More clearly-structure PDF documents with optimized print formatting. The new PDF files are clearer, require less space and filters are applied automatically.
Release Notes April 2021
29. April - New Chart of Accounts
The new chart of accounts is now available in all bexio accounts:
- Work more efficiently: With the new chart of accounts, accounts and account groups, can be displayed more clearly and processed more easily.
- More transparent and simpler linking of your banking and accounting (bookkeeping) account: In bexio banking, the accounting account, to which the bank account is linked, is now directly visible, making adjustments easier to implement. In addition, when you create a new bank account, the corresponding accounting account can be automatically created, as before. Alternatively, you can now also link to an existing accounting account manually.
20. April – New in the marketplace: 2getHR
2getHR complements bexio in the complete digitalisation of HR processes: Employee dossiers, expenses management, vacation management, employee interviews etc. Learn more »
20. April – Bugfix
The error where VAT periods could not be settled if they had not been subject to VAT in the previous VAT period, has now been fixed.
Release Notes March 2021
30. March – New in the marketplace: wwcom smart call
wwcom smart call is the perfect communication solution for your company: flexible and easily-adaptable to your needs and optimized for the Swiss SME market – hosted in Switzerland and perfectly synchronized with bexio. Learn more »
10. March – New: Time tracking on the go with bexioGo
Track times on the go with our mobile app bexioGo (with the packages «Pro» and «Pro+»): Enter stopwatch, duration or from-to times on the smartphone and analyse and further calculate them later in projects on your computer. Learn more »
10. March – New in the marketplace: contactPRO
Managing contacts made easy. contactPRO automatically finds incorrect contact addresses and corrects them after consultation with you. Street names, bankruptcies, new directors etc. Learn more »
Release Notes February 2021
23. February – New in the marketplace: Swiss Newsletter
Send professional newsletters directly to your contacts from bexio. You benefit from the delivery reliability of the Swiss market leader in email marketing. Best of all: up to 200 emails per month are free! Learn more »
18. February – New in the marketplace: AMNIS payment platform
The simplest, fastest, and most affordable international payment platform for SMEs. You benefit from foreign payments directly from bexio, currency accounts for receiving foreign currencies and transparent currency exchange. Learn more »
11. February - Bugfix
If you use your own font for your documents, but have not uploaded your own font for italics, bold and bold italics, we will no longer try to simulate the missing font styles. In such instances, the "regular" font is now applied. This gives you full control over how your font will be displayed.
9. February – New in the marketplace: PayrollPlus
The digital salary payment solution including insurance cover. We relieve you of all work related to salaries. Learn more »
3. February – New in the marketplace: business messaging
Messaging solutions for your business: With eCall Business Messaging you reach your customers via SMS, fax, e-mail or voice message. Learn more »
Release Notes January 2021
20. January - New in the marketplace
Deeptrue's continuous customer satisfaction survey provides you with information on whether your customers are satisfied or dissatisfied and on which aspects, if any, you can optimize if necessary. Learn more »
13. January - Bug fixes
A bug where not all BCV bank transactions would be imported into bexio has been fixed.
8. January - New in the marketplace
With Crealogix, it is now possible to instantly import invoices with Payeye ISR and QR using the bexio shopping module:
- Download the latest Payeye or Giromat software from Crealogix and install it on your local machine (download it here: https://support.crealogix.com/)
- Select the "bexio supplier invoice" configuration in the relevant application
The alternative options for entering supplier invoices are bexioGo App or the Marketplace App provided by our partner Triboni. The bexioGo app allows you to take photos and upload invoices using Android and iOS smartphones. Triboni allows you to import incoming invoices via e-mail or from a scanner app, such as one of the popular multifunctional scanners released by a variety of developers. Documents are automatically recognized, uploaded to bexio, and filed in an archive certified in accordance with the Swiss Ordinance on Business Records (GeBüV) in a data center in Switzerland.