- Quick Info
- Prepare Postfinance account for bexio use
- Order electronic statement of account
- Activate file transfer for payment transfers
- Connect e-banking
- Fetch transactions
- Transfer payments
- Download statements of account (camt.053) in e-finance
- Download ESR credit notes (camt.054) in e-finance
- Support login methods
In this section, you will learn how easy it is to synchronize your Postfinance account with bexio and how you can reconcile transactions as well as transfer payments.
Supported login method:
File format for payments:
File format for statements:
File format for ESR credit notes:
|Data transfer subscription
PostFinance ID, mobile ID
pain.001 (ISO ready)
camt.053 (ISO ready)
camt.054 (ISO ready)
You will have to activate two commands to be able to optimally utilize bexio with your Postfinance account:
- Order electronic statement of account in format camt.053 via Postfinance Support
- Subscribe to file transfer for your e-banking with Postfinance
To be able to use the interface from bexio to PostFinance, you must request the delivery of the electronic statement of account in the ISO format from Postfinance.
We recommend two options:
- Camt.053 Version 4, without details, without images of receipts + camt.054 for ESR credit notes (daily delivery)
This format is particularly practical if you have a lot of inbound ESR payments or issue many invoices with the orange deposit slips to ensure that the credits are visible in bexio the next day.
- Camt.053 Version 4, with details, without images of receipts (daily delivery)
This configuration works best for bexio users who do not have any or few ESR inbound payments. In this setting, ESR credits can be reviewed in bexio with a delay of 2-3 days.
Please order the delivery of the electronic statement of account from PostFinance:
- Keep your e-finance number for your e-banking handy
- Call the PostFinance support team:
Private customers: 0848 888 710 (CHF 0.08 / min from Switzerland)
Corporate customers: 0848 888 900 (CHF 0.08 / min from within Switzerland)
- Notify Support that you are using a third party software (bexio) and wish to have the electronic statement of account delivered in format "Camt.053 Version 4, without details, without receipts + camt.054 for ESR credit notes" or "Camt.053 Version 4, with details, without receipts"
- Also tell Support that you wish to have statements of account compiled daily - by default only monthly statements are issued.
Please keep in mind that this change may take up to 5 days to be processed by PostFinance.
Please remind your customer service/support contact to remove old configurations. Only one camt.053 format may be used for each bank account. bexio does not process MT940 via the Postfinance interface.
Otherwise bexio will not be in a position to guarantee the perfect operation of the interface.
To ensure that payments can be transferred to PostFinance, it is important that you activate the transfer of electronic payments in your e-banking.
To activate the functionality you have to login to your e-banking and click on your name in the top right corner. Navigate to "My Services" and in the following overview you find the option to activate and deactivate "File Transfer" for your contract.
First, you must follow this link to set up a bank account. Subsequently, you will be able to connect the bexio account with the e-banking account as follows:
- Go to the banking section and scroll to your PostFinance account
- Click "Connect e-banking"
- Log in with your e-banking user information including the verification method (e.g. mTAN) an
- Link your bank account with the bexio account. If you do not want to use a bank account in bexio, you can ignore the bank account clicking the link "Ignore this bank account in bexio"
- Verify the linked and the ignored bank accounts
Next, all available transactions in e-banking will be uploaded to bexio. A dialog window will show you how many transactions were obtained.
After a successful link with at least one bank account has been established, button "Get transactions" will appear instead of the previously displayed button "Connect e-banking".
Under certain circumstances, the login may have completed successfully, but you may not be able to see transactions. This section will give you insights into the possible reasons for this: No transactions received.
- Go to the banking section and scroll to your PostFinance account
- Click the blue "Fetch transactions" button
- Log in with your e-banking user data, including the verification method (mobile ID)
- The transactions will now be loaded into bexio
Next, the transactions will appear in the banking section and you can reconcile them. To find out how to reconcile the transactions, go here.
Under certain circumstances, the login may have completed successfully, but you may not be able to see transactions. This section will give you insights into the possible reasons for this: No transaction received.
Enter payments as described in section "Entering payments" and transfer them to your bank with one mouse click.
Depending on the bank and e-banking contract, you may have to conduct an additional review and approve e-banking payments. For more information, please contact your bank's support service directly.
Please remember that you will not be able to transfer payments until you have successfully received transactions from your bank account at least once. See section "Fetch transactions".
In e-finance, you will find your statements of account under menu tab "Documents".
- Click on the magnifier in the bottom left of tile "Statement of accounts"
- To see all statements of accounts ("obtained" or "not obtained"), choose "search options" and set the status to "all"
- Click on adopt
Now you will also see already obtained statements of account and you can download them if necessary.
In e-finance, you will find your ESR credit notes under menu tab "Documents".
- Click on the magnifier in the bottom left of tile "Obtain ESR / ASR".
Now you can choose the desired statement of account and download it by clocking on button "Obtain file."
bexio supports both, the use of the e-finance ID / card reading device and the mobile ID for logins. When you are logging in, you must choose the method you also use when you log in directly into the PostFinance e-banking system.
For more information on the login methods, please click here: Supported login methods.
bexio never saves any credentials (such as the contract number, passwords or tokens).
bexio will never send you written demands or call you to get your e-banking access information. Please do not ever share such confidential data with third parties.